Map Profile & location of the A. & W. Pt. R.R. of Ga.; surveyed & drawn by Cha's Mahon, C. E., 1865-6.
About this Item
- Profile & location of the A. & W. Pt. R.R. of Ga.; surveyed & drawn by Cha's Mahon, C. E., 1865-6.
- Detailed map of the route and profile of the Atlanta and West Point Railroad from Atlanta to West Point on the Chattahoochee River. Chartered under Atlanta and La Grange Railroad in 1847.
- Contributor Names
- Mahon, Charles.
- Atlanta and West Point Rail Road Company.
- Created / Published
- [n.p., 1868]
- Subject Headings
- - Atlanta and West Point Rail Road Company--Maps
- - Atlanta and LaGrange Rail Road Company--Maps
- - Railroads--Georgia--Maps
- - United States--Georgia
- - Scale 1:6,000 and 1:18,000.
- - Ms. on tracing cloth.
- - "Tracings within by C. Mahon, C.E. July 1868."
- - Transferred from U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (Acc. no. 883) March 12, 1902
- - LC Railroad maps, 326
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- col. map 10 sheets, each 37 x 91 cm. and title sheet, 37 x 64 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3921.P3 1865 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mahon, Charles, and Atlanta And West Point Rail Road Company. Profile & location of the A. & W. Pt. R.R. of Ga.; surveyed & drawn by Cha's Mahon, C. E., -6. [N.P, 1868] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98688583/.
APA citation style:
Mahon, C. & Atlanta And West Point Rail Road Company. (1868) Profile & location of the A. & W. Pt. R.R. of Ga.; surveyed & drawn by Cha's Mahon, C. E., -6. [N.P] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688583/.
MLA citation style:
Mahon, Charles, and Atlanta And West Point Rail Road Company. Profile & location of the A. & W. Pt. R.R. of Ga.; surveyed & drawn by Cha's Mahon, C. E., -6. [N.P, 1868] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98688583/>.
More Maps like this
MapIndexed railroad and county map of Georgia. Indexed map showing relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, county and township boundaries. Railroads distinguished by color.
- Contributor: Cram, George Franklin
- Date: 1883
MapMap of the country embracing the various routes surveyed for the Western & Atlantic Rail Road ... Includes area from Chattahoochee River between Warsaw and Cambelltown, and west to the Tennessee boundary. Shows cities, townships, roads, drainage, and relief by hachures. The 138-mile route was opened in 1850.
- Contributor: Western and Atlantic Railroad Company - Cooper, J. F. - Arms, F. C.
- Date: 1837
MapBirds-eye map of the Western and Atlantic R.R., the great Kennesaw route; Army operations, Atlanta campaign, ... Map of northwest Georgia from Atlanta north to Chattanooga, Tenn., showing location and date of battles, railroads, principal roads, towns, rivers, and relief by hachures.
- Contributor: Western and Atlantic Railroad Company - Fleming, Brewster & Alley
- Date: 1887
MapNew railway map of the United States. Detailed map of the eastern half of the United States to the 93d Meridian, framed in decorative borders. Indicates drainage, state, county, and township boundaries, cities and towns, canals, roads, the railroad...
- Contributor: G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
- Date: 1867
MapThe American Union railroad map of the United States, British possessions. West Indies, Mexico, and Central ... Detailed map of the continental United States and portions of Canada and Mexico indicating drainage, international and state boundaries, cities and towns, forts, canals, stage roads, railroads, and proposed railroads. [From published...
- Contributor: Guernsey, Darius L.
- Date: 1874