Maps Map of the Baltimore and Ohio Rail Road with its branches and connections.
About this Item
- Map of the Baltimore and Ohio Rail Road with its branches and connections.
- Map of the Eastern U.S. showing relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, state boundaries, canals, named railroad network, and the B. & O. in heavy black lines, indicates cooperative connections, unfinished and proposed lines.
- Contributor Names
- Elmer, Walter F.
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company.
- Created / Published
- Baltimore, 1878.
- Subject Headings
- - Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company--Maps
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Scale 1:2,534,400.
- - LC Railroad maps, 340
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Includes comparative distances to Baltimore and New York, length of finished lines, Ohio River bridges, and a list of officials.
- - Inset: [View of] the marine terminus of the Baltimore & Ohio Rail Road ... 9 x 34 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 75 x 114 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.P3 1878 .E4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Elmer, Walter F, and Baltimore And Ohio Railroad Company. Map of the Baltimore and Ohio Rail Road with its branches and connections. Baltimore, 1878. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688594/. (Accessed January 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Elmer, W. F. & Baltimore And Ohio Railroad Company. (1878) Map of the Baltimore and Ohio Rail Road with its branches and connections. Baltimore. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688594/.
MLA citation style:
Elmer, Walter F, and Baltimore And Ohio Railroad Company. Map of the Baltimore and Ohio Rail Road with its branches and connections. Baltimore, 1878. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98688594/>.