Maps Chicago to San Franciso via the Burlington Route.
About this Item
- Chicago to San Franciso via the Burlington Route.
- Stylized, diagramatic strip map in three sections: Chicago to Omaha; Omaha; Omaha to Salt Lake and Ogden (via the Union Pacific); Ogden to San Francisco (via the Central Pacific)
- Contributor Names
- H.R. Page & Co.
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company.
- Created / Published
- Chicago, c1879.
- Subject Headings
- - Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company--Maps
- - Railroads--West (U.S.)--Maps
- - United States--West
- - Scale ca. 1:3,000,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 356
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - See entries 373-375.
- - Contains profiles and elevation of lines, indicates geographic regions, industry and agriculture, mileage, stage connections, and railroads.
- - "The above three sections, showing the line of railroad from Chicago to San Francisco giving distances, elevations above the sea, quality of soil and country, population of towns and cities, lakes, rivers, mountains, connecting railroad lines, and all items of interest of which a traveller would desire to know, in regard to the Great Route Across the continent. Armed with this Guide, the passenger needs to further information."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 15 x 49 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4051.P3 1879 .H15
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
H.R. Page & Co, and Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company Chicago. Chicago to San Franciso via the Burlington Route. Chicago, 1879. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688607/. (Accessed October 01, 2016.)
APA citation style:
H.R. Page & Co & Chicago, B. &. Q. R. C. (1879) Chicago to San Franciso via the Burlington Route. Chicago. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688607/.
MLA citation style:
H.R. Page & Co, and Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company Chicago. Chicago to San Franciso via the Burlington Route. Chicago, 1879. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98688607/>.