Maps Map of the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy R.R.
About this Item
- Map of the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy R.R.
- Map of the north-central United States showing relief by hachures, cities and towns, township and county boundaries, wagon roads, and railroad network with emphasis on the main line. Incorporated February 12, 1849, as the Aurora Branch Railroad. Known popularly as the Burlington Route.
- Contributor Names
- Heubach, Emil.
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company.
- Created / Published
- Chicago, 1879.
- Subject Headings
- - Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company--Maps
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Scale ca. 1:1,750,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 373
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - See entries, 356 and 357.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 70 x 106 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.P3 1879 .H4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Heubach, Emil, and Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company Chicago. Map of the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy R.R. Chicago, 1879. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688624/. (Accessed October 01, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Heubach, E. & Chicago, B. &. Q. R. C. (1879) Map of the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy R.R. Chicago. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688624/.
MLA citation style:
Heubach, Emil, and Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company Chicago. Map of the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy R.R. Chicago, 1879. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98688624/>.