Maps Plan and profile of the Danville and Pottsville Rail Road.
About this Item
- Plan and profile of the Danville and Pottsville Rail Road.
- Detailed map of part of Pennsylvania between Sharp Mountain and the Susquehanna River showing roads, drainage, and relief by hachures along the survey route. Shows the east and west branches of the Mount Carbon Railroad and the Mill Creek Railroad, which began operation in 1829. Chartered on April 8, 1826. Name changed in 1851 to the Philadelphia and Sunbury Rail Road.
- Contributor Names
- Kennedy, David K., Mapmaker, active 1830-1839.
- Lucas, William B.
- Danville and Pottsville Rail Road Company.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia, 1831.
- Subject Headings
- - Danville and Pottsville Rail Road Company--Maps
- - Railroads--Pennsylvania--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania
- - Scale ca. 1:85,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 394
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Across bottom of map: "Profiles of grades."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 47 x 63 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3821.P3 1831 .K4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kennedy, David K., Mapmaker, Active, William B Lucas, and Danville And Pottsville Rail Road Company. Plan and profile of the Danville and Pottsville Rail Road. Philadelphia, 1831. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688645/. (Accessed December 07, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Kennedy, D. K., Lucas, W. B. & Danville And Pottsville Rail Road Company. (1831) Plan and profile of the Danville and Pottsville Rail Road. Philadelphia. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688645/.
MLA citation style:
Kennedy, David K., Mapmaker, Active, William B Lucas, and Danville And Pottsville Rail Road Company. Plan and profile of the Danville and Pottsville Rail Road. Philadelphia, 1831. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98688645/>.