Map Fox River Valley R.R. in Wisconsin with its connections.
About this Item
- Fox River Valley R.R. in Wisconsin with its connections.
- Shows area of southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. Indicates county boundaries, larger cities, and some drainage. The line was chartered in 1852 and constructed in 1854.
- Contributor Names
- Lipman & Riddle.
- Fox River Valley Railroad.
- Created / Published
- Milwaukee, 
- Subject Headings
- - Fox River Valley Railroad
- - Railroads--Wisconsin--Maps
- - Railroads--Illinois--Maps
- - United States--Wisconsin
- - United States--Illinois
- - Scale ca. 1:600,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 411
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 55 x 74 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4121.P3 1857 .L5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lipman & Riddle, and Fox River Valley Railroad. Fox River Valley R.R. in Wisconsin with its connections. [Milwaukee, 1857] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98688662/.
APA citation style:
Lipman & Riddle & Fox River Valley Railroad. (1857) Fox River Valley R.R. in Wisconsin with its connections. [Milwaukee] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688662/.
MLA citation style:
Lipman & Riddle, and Fox River Valley Railroad. Fox River Valley R.R. in Wisconsin with its connections. [Milwaukee, 1857] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98688662/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of the Chicago, St. Paul & Fond du Lac Railroad. Outline map of Wisconsin and parts of adjoining states showing major drainage, important cities, and the present and proposed railroad network.
- Contributor: Chicago, St. Paul & Fond Du Lac Rail-Road Company - W. Endicott & Co.
- Date: 1855
MapRailway postal diagram of the state of Wisconsin prepared for the use of the Railway Mail ... Shows county boundaries, cities and towns, and the railroad network with names along the lines.
- Contributor: Nicholson, W. L.
- Date: 1882
MapTownship map of Wisconsin showing The Milwaukee & Horicon Rail Road and its connections. Map of Wisconsin and parts of adjacent states showing drainage, state boundaries, township lines, cities, and towns.
- Contributor: Vliet, Jasper - Milwaukee and Horicon Railroad
- Date: 1857
MapMap of the Milwaukee & Superior Rail Road and its connections. Map of Wisconsin and parts of Illinois and Michigan showing drainage, county boundaries, larger cities, and the railroad network. The main line is in red, and the Milwaukee and Chicago Railroad is...
- Contributor: Milwaukee and Superior Railroad Company - Nesbitt (Geo. F.) & Company
- Date: 1857
MapMap of the Wisconsin Central Line and connections. Map of the western United States framed in border giving major stations along the route and a shippers guide. Shows relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, state boundaries, and the railroad...
- Contributor: Matthews-Northrup Company - Wisconsin Central Railroad Company
- Date: 188?