Maps Map of the Great Central Railway Line of the west and connecting lines.
About this Item
- Map of the Great Central Railway Line of the west and connecting lines.
- Map of the north-central and northeastern United States showing some drainage, state boundaries, and place names along the railroad lines. Covers area between New York City and St. Louis, Mo.
- Contributor Names
- Schuchman, William, 1823 or 1824-
- Great Central Railway (U.S.)
- Created / Published
- Pitts[burgh], 1854.
- Subject Headings
- - Great Central Railway (U.S.)
- - Railroads--Northeastern States--Maps
- - United States--Northeastern States
- - Scale ca. 1:1,400,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 419
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 98 x 40 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3711.P3 1854 .S3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Schuchman, William, 1823 Or, and U.S Great Central Railway. Map of the Great Central Railway Line of the west and connecting lines. [Pittsburgh, 1854] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688670/. (Accessed August 30, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Schuchman, W. & Great Central Railway, U. S. (1854) Map of the Great Central Railway Line of the west and connecting lines. [Pittsburgh] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688670/.
MLA citation style:
Schuchman, William, 1823 Or, and U.S Great Central Railway. Map of the Great Central Railway Line of the west and connecting lines. [Pittsburgh, 1854] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98688670/>.