Maps Map of the Iowa Central Air Line Rail Road and its connections.
About this Item
- Map of the Iowa Central Air Line Rail Road and its connections.
- Detailed township map of the north-central states indicating drainage, cities and towns, townships, county boundaries, the road and railroad networks, and in blue overprint the connections with the Iowa Central line.
- Contributor Names
- J.H. Colton & Co.
- Iowa Central Air Line Railroad.
- Created / Published
- New York, c1857.
- Subject Headings
- - Iowa Central Air Line Railroad
- - Railroads--Middle West--Maps
- - United States--Middle West
- - Scale ca. 1:1,550,000.
- - Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1857.
- - LC Railroad maps, 435
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Inset: [Map of the northern United States] 17 x 76 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 69 x 94 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4061.P3 1857 .J15
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
J.H. Colton & Co, and Iowa Central Air Line Railroad. Map of the Iowa Central Air Line Rail Road and its connections. New York, 1857. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688686/. (Accessed February 21, 2017.)
APA citation style:
J.H. Colton & Co & Iowa Central Air Line Railroad. (1857) Map of the Iowa Central Air Line Rail Road and its connections. New York. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688686/.
MLA citation style:
J.H. Colton & Co, and Iowa Central Air Line Railroad. Map of the Iowa Central Air Line Rail Road and its connections. New York, 1857. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98688686/>.