Map Map of the Manassas Gap Railroad and its extensions; September, 1855.
About this Item
- Map of the Manassas Gap Railroad and its extensions; September, 1855.
- Topographical map of part of northern Virginia showing relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, counties, roads, and railroads with distances. Includes profiles. Chartered March 11, 1850. Opened in 1854 from Manassas Junction to Strasburg. Va. Consolidated June 1, 1867, with the Orange and Alexandria, forming the Orange, Alexandria, and Manassas Railroad. See entries 507 and 508.
- Contributor Names
- Dwyer, Thomas.
- Manassas Gap Railroad Company.
- Created / Published
- Baltimore, 1855.
- Subject Headings
- - Manassas Gap Railroad Company--Maps
- - Railroads--Virginia--Maps
- - Railroads--West Virginia--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--West Virginia
- - Scale 1:253,440.
- - LC Railroad maps, 453
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 60 x 94 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3881.P3 1855 .D89
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Dwyer, Thomas, and Manassas Gap Railroad Company. Map of the Manassas Gap Railroad and its extensions; September. Baltimore, 1855. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98688704/.
APA citation style:
Dwyer, T. & Manassas Gap Railroad Company. (1855) Map of the Manassas Gap Railroad and its extensions; September. Baltimore. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688704/.
MLA citation style:
Dwyer, Thomas, and Manassas Gap Railroad Company. Map of the Manassas Gap Railroad and its extensions; September. Baltimore, 1855. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98688704/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of the proposed line of Rail Road connection between tide water Virginia and the Ohio ... Scale ca. 1:625,000. LC Railroad maps, 81 Description derived from published bibliography. Annotations added in pencil and colored inks to indicate "Railroads tending to Richmond, Norfolk Alexandria and Baltimore," and the "proposed...
- Contributor: Vaisz, W. - Virginia. Board of Public Works
- Date: 1852
MapMap showing the economic minerals along the route of the Chesapeake & Ohio Rail Way to ... Covers area from Richmond, Va., to the Ohio River along the route of the railroad and shows the geological sections in which minerals are found. Consolidated from the Virginia Central and Covington...
- Contributor: Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad Company - Ridgway, Thomas S. - Maury, Matthew Fontaine
- Date: 1872
MapMap of the Virginia Central Rail Road showing the connection between tide water Virginia, and the ... Map of Virginia and parts of adjacent states showing drainage, county boundaries, place names and "McAdamised" roads.
- Contributor: Vaisz, W. - Virginia Central Railroad Company
- Date: 1852
MapMap showing the West Virginia Midland Railway and its connections. Map of West Virginia showing relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, and the railroad network with emphasis on the main line.
- Contributor: G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co. - West Virginia Midland Railroad
- Date: 1883
MapIndexed county and railroad pocket map and shippers guide of West Virginia, accompanied by a new ... Shows relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, stations, post offices, and the railroad network keyed to list by number.
- Contributor: Rand McNally and Company
- Date: 1898