Maps Map of the Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis Ry.; and connections.
About this Item
- Map of the Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis Ry.; and connections.
- Map of United States showing major relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, railroad stations, the railroad network, with emphasis on Tennessee. Names of railroads along the lines are indicated. This line was first chartered under Nashville and Chattanooga Railroad on December 11, 1845. Its present name dates from 1873.
- Contributor Names
- Danley, W. L.
- Nashville, Chattanooga, and St. Louis Railway.
- Created / Published
- Buffalo, N.Y., 1889.
- Subject Headings
- - Nashville, Chattanooga, and St. Louis Railway--Maps
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - Railroads--Tennessee--Maps
- - United States
- - United States--Tennessee
- - Scale ca. 1:4,000,000.
- - Copyright, 1889 by W. L. Danley, Gen'l Pass'r Ag't.
- - LC Railroad maps, 472
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Insets: Map of Chattanooga. 17 x 20 cm.--Map of Nashville and West Nashville, Tenn. 23 x 28 cm.--Map of Mexico and the West Indies. 20 x 40 cm
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 59 x 99 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.P3 1889 .D3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Danley, W. L, and Chattanooga Nashville. Map of the Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis Ry.; and connections. Buffalo, N.Y, 1889. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688723/. (Accessed December 08, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Danley, W. L. & Nashville, C. (1889) Map of the Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis Ry.; and connections. Buffalo, N.Y. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688723/.
MLA citation style:
Danley, W. L, and Chattanooga Nashville. Map of the Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis Ry.; and connections. Buffalo, N.Y, 1889. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98688723/>.