Maps Map showing the Port Royal Railroad and its connections.
About this Item
- Map showing the Port Royal Railroad and its connections.
- Map of the southeastern United States showing drainage, cities and towns, township and county boundaries, and the railroad network. In 1871 the line was in progress of completion. One of Colton's typical maps published for an individual railroad company to promote industry and settlement in rich mining or agricultural areas. (Entry 533)
- Contributor Names
- G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
- Port Royal Railroad.
- Created / Published
- New York, 1870.
- Subject Headings
- - Port Royal Railroad
- - Railroads--Southern States--Maps
- - Railroads--South Carolina--Maps
- - United States--Southern States
- - United States--South Carolina
- - Scale 1:1,267,200.
- - LC Railroad maps, 537
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- map 70 x 105 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3861.P3 1870 .G15
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co, and Port Royal Railroad. Map showing the Port Royal Railroad and its connections. New York, 1870. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688782/. (Accessed August 24, 2016.)
APA citation style:
G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co & Port Royal Railroad. (1870) Map showing the Port Royal Railroad and its connections. New York. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688782/.
MLA citation style:
G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co, and Port Royal Railroad. Map showing the Port Royal Railroad and its connections. New York, 1870. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98688782/>.