Map Map & profile of the Rutland & Burlington Railroad, Wm. B. Gilbert, Chief Engineer, Jany. 1st, 1848.
About this Item
- Map & profile of the Rutland & Burlington Railroad, Wm. B. Gilbert, Chief Engineer, Jany. 1st, 1848.
- Includes a table of distances from Boston to New York. Shows rail lines from Burlington, Vt., south to Bellows Falls in Windham Co., Vt., and includes drainage and topography on both sides of the line. Indicates county and township boundaries. Chartered November 1, 1843. Name changed November 6, 1847.
- Contributor Names
- Gilbert, William B.
- Rutland and Burlington Railroad.
- Created / Published
- Boston, 
- Subject Headings
- - Rutland and Burlington Railroad--Maps
- - Railroads--Vermont--Maps
- - United States--Vermont
- - Scale 1:120,000.
- - Inset: [Railroads between Montreal, Canada and Burlington, Vermont.] 20 x 40 cm.
- - LC Railroad maps, 550
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- map 60 x 140 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3751.P3 1848 .G5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gilbert, William B, and Rutland And Burlington Railroad. Map & profile of the Rutland & Burlington Railroad, Wm. B. Gilbert, Chief Engineer, Jany. 1st. [Boston, 1848] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98688794/.
APA citation style:
Gilbert, W. B. & Rutland And Burlington Railroad. (1848) Map & profile of the Rutland & Burlington Railroad, Wm. B. Gilbert, Chief Engineer, Jany. 1st. [Boston] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688794/.
MLA citation style:
Gilbert, William B, and Rutland And Burlington Railroad. Map & profile of the Rutland & Burlington Railroad, Wm. B. Gilbert, Chief Engineer, Jany. 1st. [Boston, 1848] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98688794/>.
More Maps like this
MapCoffin's new rail-road map of Vermont accompanying report of the board of railroad commissioners, 1896. Shows relief by hachures, major drainage, cities and towns, township and county boundaries. Names railroads along the lines and includes a list of railroads.
- Contributor: Coffin
- Date: 1896
MapMap of the Western Vermont Rail Road and connecting lines, Wm. B. Gilbert, Chief Engineer. Map of western New England showing drainage, relief by hachures, state and county boundaries, and cities and towns. Chartered in 1845.
- Contributor: Western Vermont Railroad - Gilbert, William B.
- Date: 1851
MapNew railway map of the United States. Detailed map of the eastern half of the United States to the 93d Meridian, framed in decorative borders. Indicates drainage, state, county, and township boundaries, cities and towns, canals, roads, the railroad...
- Contributor: G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
- Date: 1867
MapThe American Union railroad map of the United States, British possessions. West Indies, Mexico, and Central ... Detailed map of the continental United States and portions of Canada and Mexico indicating drainage, international and state boundaries, cities and towns, forts, canals, stage roads, railroads, and proposed railroads. [From published...
- Contributor: Guernsey, Darius L.
- Date: 1874
MapCentennial American Republic and railroad map of the United States and of the Dominion of Canada. ... Shows drainage, cities and towns,and the railroad network with names of lines. Includes distance chart and view of "Main building centennial exhibition, Philadelphia, 1876." [From published bibliography]
- Contributor: Watson, Gaylord
- Date: 1875