Map Map & profile of the Rutland & Burlington Railroad, Wm. B. Gilbert, Chief Engineer, Jany. 1st, 1848.
About this Item
- Map & profile of the Rutland & Burlington Railroad, Wm. B. Gilbert, Chief Engineer, Jany. 1st, 1848.
- Includes a table of distances from Boston to New York. Shows rail lines from Burlington, Vt., south to Bellows Falls in Windham Co., Vt., and includes drainage and topography on both sides of the line. Indicates county and township boundaries. Chartered November 1, 1843. Name changed November 6, 1847.
- Contributor Names
- Gilbert, William B.
- Rutland and Burlington Railroad.
- Created / Published
- Boston, 
- Subject Headings
- - Rutland and Burlington Railroad--Maps
- - Railroads--Vermont--Maps
- - United States--Vermont
- - Scale 1:120,000.
- - Inset: [Railroads between Montreal, Canada and Burlington, Vermont.] 20 x 40 cm.
- - LC Railroad maps, 550
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- map 60 x 140 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3751.P3 1848 .G5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gilbert, William B, and Rutland And Burlington Railroad. Map & profile of the Rutland & Burlington Railroad, Wm. B. Gilbert, Chief Engineer, Jany. 1st. [Boston, 1848] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98688794/.
APA citation style:
Gilbert, W. B. & Rutland And Burlington Railroad. (1848) Map & profile of the Rutland & Burlington Railroad, Wm. B. Gilbert, Chief Engineer, Jany. 1st. [Boston] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688794/.
MLA citation style:
Gilbert, William B, and Rutland And Burlington Railroad. Map & profile of the Rutland & Burlington Railroad, Wm. B. Gilbert, Chief Engineer, Jany. 1st. [Boston, 1848] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98688794/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of the Western Vermont Rail Road and connecting lines, Wm. B. Gilbert, Chief Engineer. Map of western New England showing drainage, relief by hachures, state and county boundaries, and cities and towns. Chartered in 1845.
- Contributor: Gilbert, William - Western Vermont Railroad
- Date: 1851
MapCoffin's new rail-road map of Vermont accompanying report of the board of railroad commissioners, 1896. Shows relief by hachures, major drainage, cities and towns, township and county boundaries. Names railroads along the lines and includes a list of railroads.
- Contributor: Coffin
- Date: 1896
MapMap showing the location of the N.Y. & Oswego Midland R.R. with existing and proposed connection, ... Map of New York State and vicinity showing drainage, canals, cities and towns, and named railroads. January 1st, 1870 edition has "W. B. Gilbert, Chief Engineer."
- Contributor: Gilbert, William - Richmond, Van R. - New York & Oswego Midland Railroad
- Date: 1869
MapMap of the railroads and canals, finished, unfinished, and in contemplation, in the United States
Rail road map. Important early map of the United States. Includes drainage, canals, and cities and towns. Contains route profiles for the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, the Columbia Railroad, Pa., and the Massachusetts railroads.
- Contributor: Minor, Daniel K. - Norris, William
- Date: 1834
MapAmerican Central Railway, 1866. Outline map of the northeastern United States showing relief by hachures, drainage, and place names concentrated along the main line between Omaha City and Tifflin, Ohio; shows connections of the American Central...
- Contributor: American Central Railway - Bien, Julius
- Date: 1866