Maps Map showing the Union Pacific Railway and branch lines.
About this Item
- Map showing the Union Pacific Railway and branch lines.
- Strip map of western United States from Illinois to California showing relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, railroads, and the Union Pacific System in red.
- Contributor Names
- G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
- Union Pacific Railway Company.
- Created / Published
- New York, 1888.
- Subject Headings
- - Union Pacific Railway Company--Maps
- - Railroads--West (U.S.)--Maps
- - United States--West
- - 11325 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Scale ca. 1,3,800,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 596
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- col. map 28 x 84 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4051.P3 1888 .G15
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co, and Union Pacific Railway Company. Map showing the Union Pacific Railway and branch lines. New York, 1888. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688839/. (Accessed August 24, 2016.)
APA citation style:
G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co & Union Pacific Railway Company. (1888) Map showing the Union Pacific Railway and branch lines. New York. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688839/.
MLA citation style:
G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co, and Union Pacific Railway Company. Map showing the Union Pacific Railway and branch lines. New York, 1888. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98688839/>.