Maps Field of Gettysburg, July 1st, 2nd & 3rd 1863
About this Item
- Field of Gettysburg, July 1st, 2nd & 3rd 1863
- Other Title
- Field of Gettysburg, July first, second, and third 1863
- Sketch of the battles of Gettysburg with an explanatory map
- Contributor Names
- Ditterline, T. (Theodore)
- Alvord, Corydon A., approximately 1812-1874.
- P.S. Duval & Son.
- Created / Published
- New York : C.A. Alvord, Electrotyper and Printer, 1863
- Subject Headings
- - Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863--Maps
- - Gettysburg Region (Pa.)--Maps, Topographic
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg Region
- - 241 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows troop positions of the Union and Confederate forces.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1863 by T. Ditterline in the Clerk's Office of the Dist. Court of the East. Dist. of Pa."
- - Folded map was originally attached to inside of back cover of the accompanying text.
- - Accompanied by text: Sketch of the battles of Gettysburg : July 1st, 2d, and 3d, 1863 : with an account of the movements of the respective armies for some days previous thereto : compiled from the personal observation of eye-witnesses of the several battles : accompanied by an explanatory map / by T. Ditterline. 24 p. ; 19 cm.
- - Includes text titled "Remarks".
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - This ed. related to citation no. 331 in CW2 bibliography (NDL).
- - LC copy trimmed, torn along fold lines, missing small sections at fold-line crosses, taped on verso along fold lines.
- - LC accompanying text pressed in rice paper, annotated in ink on t.p., missing sections of cover. Original classification of LC text: E475.53.D61.
- - Vault
- - CW3
- 1 map : col. ; 46 x 38 cm., on sheet 51 x 44 cm., folded to 18 x 10 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3824.G3S5 1863 .D5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAlvord, Corydon A.
Ditterline, T. (theodore)
P.S. Duval & Son
Gettysburg Region (pa.)
Gettysburg, Battle Of, Gettysburg, Pa.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ditterline, T, Corydon A Alvord, and P.S. Duval & Son. Field of Gettysburg, July 1st, 2nd & 3rd 1863. New York: C.A. Alvord, Electrotyper and Printer, 1863. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98690120/. (Accessed August 24, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Ditterline, T., Alvord, C. A. & P.S. Duval & Son. (1863) Field of Gettysburg, July 1st, 2nd & 3rd 1863. New York: C.A. Alvord, Electrotyper and Printer. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98690120/.
MLA citation style:
Ditterline, T, Corydon A Alvord, and P.S. Duval & Son. Field of Gettysburg, July 1st, 2nd & 3rd 1863. New York: C.A. Alvord, Electrotyper and Printer, 1863. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98690120/>.