Periodical The Boston directory ...
About this Item
- The Boston directory ...
Created / Published
- Boston, Sampson & Murdock company, 1789-c19
- - Boston (Mass.)--Directories
- - Publishers: 1789, J. Norman. -- 1796-1803, J. West. -- 18₍09₎-18, E. Cotton. -- 1820-26, J.H.A. Frost and C. Stimpson, jr. -- 1827, Hunt and Stimpson and J.H.A. Frost. -- 1828, Hunt and Stimpson. -- 1829-30, 1833-40, C. Stimpson, jr. -- 1831-32, Stimpson & Clapp. -- 1841-46, C. Stimpson. -- 1846/47, 1849/50-1857, G. Adams. -- 1847/48-1848/49, J. French, C. Stimpson. -- 1858-65, Adams, Sampson & company. -- 1866-84, Sampson, Davenport & company. -- 1885-1903, Sampson, Murdock & company. -- 1904- Sampson & Murdock company.
- - Directories for 1789 and 1796 reprinted in the Report of the Record commissioners of the city of Boston ... Boston, 1886 [v.10] p. 171-212, -302. 1789 also reprinted in Boston directory for 1852, Appendix, p.61-76.
- - Directories were published in 1789, 1796, 1798, 1800, 1803, 1805, 1806, 1807, 1809, 1810, 1813, 1816, 1818, 1820, and thereafter annually except in 1824. cf. Report of the Record commissioners of the city of Boston ... [v.10] p. -169. The directory for 1852 lists one for 1815 and one for 1918 but it has never been proved that they were published.
- - Volumes for 1789-1850/51 not numbered; volume for 1851 numbered incorrectly 40; volumes for 1852- numbered 48-
- - Also available in digital form.
- - LAC ael 2019-05-29 update (4 cards)
- v. fold. maps. 15-28 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- F73.2 .A
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Boston directory. Boston, Sampson & Murdock company, -c19, 1789. Periodical. https://www.loc.gov/item/99004369/.
APA citation style:
(1789) The Boston directory. Boston, Sampson & Murdock company, -c19. [Periodical] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99004369/.
MLA citation style:
The Boston directory. Boston, Sampson & Murdock company, -c19, 1789. Periodical. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99004369/>.