Film, Video Judge Alton B. Parker & Mayor McClellan at Esopus Judge Alton B. Parker and Mayor McClellan at Esopus / Judge Alton B. Parker and guests / Judge Alton B. Parker & guests
About this Item
- Judge Alton B. Parker & Mayor McClellan at Esopus
- Judge Alton B. Parker and Mayor McClellan at Esopus
- Judge Alton B. Parker and guests
- Judge Alton B. Parker & guests
- From three camera positions, the Democratic presidential candidate, Judge Parker, bids farewell on the wharf at Esopus to Mayor McClellan and other important Democrats. Judge Parker was nominated at the Democratic National Convention in St. Louis, July 6, 1904.
- Bitzer, G. W., 1872-1944, camera.
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1904.
- - Parker, Alton B.--(Alton Brooks),--1852-1926
- - Presidential candidates--United States
- - Presidents--United States--Election--1904
- - Political campaigns--United States
- - McClellan, George B.--(George Brinton),--1865-1940
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H48850 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 4August1904; H48850.
- - Camera, G.W. Bitzer.
- - Appearing: Alton B. Parker, George B. McClellan.
- - Duration: 0:56 at 18 fps.
- - Biograph production no. 2951.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 1667) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Filmed July 29, 1904, in Esopus, New York.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912, p. ; Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 171; American Film Institute catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, A.08070; Biograph bulletins, 1896-1908, p. 129.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (36 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (36 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 4681 (viewing print)
- FYA 1212 (viewing print)
- FRA 1709 (dupe neg pic)
- FPE 5020 (dupe neg pic)
- Box 0080A (paper pos)
- Box 5118A (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Presidential Election of 1904: A Resource Guide (Virtual Programs & Services, Library of Congress)
- 1901 to 1904 | Film Chronology of Roosevelt and His Times | Articles and Essays | Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film | Digital Collections
- 1900 to 1905 | Timeline of Theodore Roosevelt's Life | Articles and Essays | Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film | Digital Collections
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: firstname.lastname@example.org):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bitzer, G. W., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Judge Alton B. Parker & Mayor McClellan at Esopus. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1904. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/99407354/.
APA citation style:
Bitzer, G. W., American Mutoscope And Biograph Company & Paper Print Collection. (1904) Judge Alton B. Parker & Mayor McClellan at Esopus. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99407354/.
MLA citation style:
Bitzer, G. W., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Judge Alton B. Parker & Mayor McClellan at Esopus. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1904. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99407354/>.