Film, Video Arrival of Prince Henry [of Prussia] and President Roosevelt at Shooter's Island /
About this Item
- Arrival of Prince Henry [of Prussia] and President Roosevelt at Shooter's Island /
- Prince Henry and President Roosevelt walk together up the ganway on Shooters Island to the stand where Miss Alice Roosevelt christens the German Emperor's yacht Meteor. Following Henry and Roosevelt are Wallace Downy, owner of the ship building firm of Townsend & Downey, the sailors and marines from the Hohensollern, officers from the United States Army and Navy, and invited guests of the President.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Heinrich, Prince of Prussia, 1862-1929.
- Longworth, Alice Roosevelt, 1884-1980.
- Downey, Wallace.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Mfg. Co., 1902.
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H14607 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 1Mar02; H14607.
- - Appearing: Theodore Roosevelt, Prince Henry, Alice Roosevelt, Wallace Downey.
- - Duration: 1:40 at 14 fps.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Photographed on Shooter's Island, New York, at the Townsend and Downey Ship Building Co., on February 25, 1902.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; American Film Institute catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, A.00550.
- - Received: 7/24/1956 from Academy; ref print and dupe neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 3/1/1902; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (47 ft.) : si., b&w. ; 16 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (47 ft.) : si., b&w. ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 roll (ca. 100 ft.) : si., b&w. ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 4476 (ref print)
- FRA 0096 (dupe neg)
- LC 1462 (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: email@example.com):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, Prince Of Prussia Heinrich, Alice Roosevelt Longworth, Wallace Downey, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. [Arrival of Prince Henry of Prussia and President Roosevelt at Shooter's Island]. United States: Edison Mfg. Co, 1902. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99407584. (Accessed February 14, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T., Heinrich, P. O. P., Longworth, A. R., Downey, W., Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1902) [Arrival of Prince Henry of Prussia and President Roosevelt at Shooter's Island]. United States: Edison Mfg. Co. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99407584.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, et al. [Arrival of Prince Henry of Prussia and President Roosevelt at Shooter's Island]. United States: Edison Mfg. Co, 1902. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99407584>.