Film, Video President Roosevelt crossing the field /
About this Item
- President Roosevelt crossing the field /
- Other Title
- President Roosevelt at Army-Navy football game
- President Roosevelt at the Army-Navy game
- President Roosevelt at Army-Navy game
- Pres. Roosevelt crossing field Navy-Army
- President Roosevelt crossing field Navy-Army
- President Roosevelt, accompanied by Secretary of War Root, Secretary of the Navy Long, and a number of others, crosses the football field during the half-time of the game.
- Contributor Names
- Congdon, James, camera.
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Niver (Kemp) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1902.
- Subject Headings
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919
- - Root, Elihu,--1845-1937
- - Long, John Davis,--1838-1915
- - Army-Navy Football Game
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H16354 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 10Apr1902; H16354.
- - According to the card in LC's Paper Print Collection title file, the title on the paper roll, President Roosevelt at Army-Navy game, is probably a working title.
- - Camera, James Congdon.
- - Appearing: Theodore Roosevelt, Elihu Root, John D. Long.
- - Duration: 0:20 at 16 fps.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0452) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Filmed November 30, 1901, in Philadelphia, PA.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; American Film Institute catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, A.12408.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 20 sec., 22 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 20 sec., 22 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- reversal master pos 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 20 sec., 22 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll (ca. 25 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll (ca. 25 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 3466 (viewing print)
- FRA 0748 (dupe neg pic)
- FRB 1603 (reversal master pos)
- Box 0848K (paper pos)
- Box 5408E (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAmerican Mutoscope and Biograph Company
Niver (kemp) Collection (library of Congress)
Paper Print Collection (library of Congress)
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Army-Navy Football Game
Long, John Davis
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Congdon, James, Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, Paper Print Collection, and Niver. President Roosevelt crossing the field. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1902. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99407618/. (Accessed August 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Congdon, J., American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, Paper Print Collection & Niver. (1902) President Roosevelt crossing the field. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99407618/.
MLA citation style:
Congdon, James, Camera, et al. President Roosevelt crossing the field. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1902. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99407618/>.