Maps Battlefield of Cedar Mountain, August 9th, 1862
About this Item
- Battlefield of Cedar Mountain, August 9th, 1862
- Contributor Names
- Pope, John, 1822-1892.
- Created / Published
- Washington, Government Printing Office, 1866.
- Subject Headings
- - Cedar Mountain, Battle of, Va., 1862--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Cedar Mountain
- - Cedar Mountain, Battle of, Va
- - Scale 1:31,680.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 526.5
- - From U.S. Congress. Joint Committee on the Conduct of the War, in two volumes. Supplemental report of the Joint Committee on the conduct of the War, in two volumes. Supplemental to Senate report no. 142, 38th Congress, 2d session (Washington, Government Printing Office, 1866). v. 2, fol. p. 190.
- - Accompanies "Report of Major General John Pope to the hon. Committee on the Conduct of the War." 217 p.
- - "No. 2" is in the upper right margin.
- - Map indicates Union and Confederate positions, roads, houses and names of residents, drainage, railroad, and relief by hachures.
- - Another copy is in the Ezra A. Carman papers, Manuscript Division, L.C., container no. 14.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 24 x 16 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3882.C336S5 1862 .P6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pope, John. Battlefield of Cedar Mountain, August 9th, 1862. Washington, Government Printing Office, 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99439116/. (Accessed December 10, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Pope, J. (1862) Battlefield of Cedar Mountain, August 9th, 1862. Washington, Government Printing Office. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99439116/.
MLA citation style:
Pope, John. Battlefield of Cedar Mountain, August 9th, 1862. Washington, Government Printing Office, 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99439116/>.