About this Item
- Contributor Names
- Army War College (U.S.)
- Created / Published
- [Washington, 1906?]
- Subject Headings
- - Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg
- - Gettysburg (Pa.), Battle of
- - Various scales.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 351
- - Cover title.
- - "Memoranda for Gettysburg campaign, 1863. Army War College, Session of 1906-7."
- - The three preliminary leaves give a chronological summary of the battle. Maps are numbered 9 to 18. They show the troop positions in color from June 29th through July 3rd. Corps and divisions are identified, sometimes with numbers, more frequently by names of commanding officers. Cavalry and artillery are located by symbol, and arrows show movements of battle. The large scale maps give topography by hachures, drainage, vegetation, roads, railroads, and a few place names.
- - These maps bear the same numbering and are almost identical with those in Abner Doubleday's Gettysburg Made plain (New York, Century Co., 1909)
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 3 p. 1., 10 maps on 6 1., col., 14 x 25 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3824.G3S5 1906 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Army War College, U.S. Gettysburg. [Washington, ?, 1906] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99439178/. (Accessed December 09, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Army War College, U. S. (1906) Gettysburg. [Washington, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99439178/.
MLA citation style:
Army War College, U.S. Gettysburg. [Washington, ?, 1906] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99439178/>.