Map Sketch of the seat of war in Alexandria & Fairfax Cos., by V. P. Corbett.
About this Item
- Sketch of the seat of war in Alexandria & Fairfax Cos., by V. P. Corbett.
- Corbett, V. P.
Created / Published
- Washington City, 1861.
- - Arlington County (Va.)--History--19th century--Maps
- - Fairfax County (Va.)--History--19th century--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Arlington County
- - United States--Virginia--Fairfax County
- - Scale not given.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 522
- - Gives the location and names of Union regiments, entrenchments, houses, names of residents, railroads, roads, and drainage, "Arlington Heights," "Alexandria Heights" and "Shooter's Hill" are indicated by hachures.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 28 x 38 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.A8S5 1861 .C6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Corbett, V. P. Sketch of the seat of war in Alexandria & Fairfax Cos., by V. P. Corbett. Washington City, 1861. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99439186/.
APA citation style:
Corbett, V. P. (1861) Sketch of the seat of war in Alexandria & Fairfax Cos., by V. P. Corbett. Washington City. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99439186/.
MLA citation style:
Corbett, V. P. Sketch of the seat of war in Alexandria & Fairfax Cos., by V. P. Corbett. Washington City, 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99439186/>.