Maps Map of one square mile or 1/25 of the battlefield of Gettysburg
About this Item
- Map of one square mile or 1/25 of the battlefield of Gettysburg
- Contributor Names
- Gettysburg National Military Park Commission.
- Created / Published
- [S.l., 1898]
- Subject Headings
- - Gettysburg National Military Park (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg National Military Park
- - Scale ca. 1:2400.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 351.4
- - At top of map: No. 3; Culp's Hill.
- - Map title, legend, and a brief account of the "Work completed on United States property on this square by the Gettysburg National Park Commission," signed by E. B. Cope, Engineer, is attached to the map in the lower left corner.
- - Detailed map of Culp's Hill, with manuscript annotations and hand coloring, showing the extent of U.S. property, telford roads, stone walls, rebuilt stone walls, mounted guns, monuments and markers, lines of earth works, and lunettes for artillery.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 blue print, 75 x 72 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3822.G4 1898 .G4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsGettysburg National Military Park Commission
LocationGettysburg National Military Park
Gettysburg National Military Park
SubjectsGettysburg National Military Park
Gettysburg National Military Park (Pa.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gettysburg National Military Park Commission. Map of one square mile or 1/25 of the battlefield of Gettysburg. [S.l, 1898] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99439193/. (Accessed December 08, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Gettysburg National Military Park Commission. (1898) Map of one square mile or 1/25 of the battlefield of Gettysburg. [S.l] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99439193/.
MLA citation style:
Gettysburg National Military Park Commission. Map of one square mile or 1/25 of the battlefield of Gettysburg. [S.l, 1898] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99439193/>.