Maps Plan of township no. 1, north of Phillips
About this Item
- Plan of township no. 1, north of Phillips
- Contributor Names
- Adams, Solomon (Surveyor)
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Maine--Madrid (Town)--Maps
- - Madrid (Me. : Town)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Maine--Madrid
- - Cadastral map of town of Madrid, Maine, showing numbered lots; acreage and dimensions given for some lots.
- - "This plan represents township number one in the first range of townships west of the Million Acres ... supposed to lay in the county of Oxford."
- - Title from verso.
- - Pen-and-ink.
- - Mounted on cloth backing.
- - Note added to map after it was drawn: Oxford ss. recd. August 1, 1820 and recorded with the records of deeds for said county, book 30, page 32, att. Hanson Mellen, register.
- - Copy imperfect: Soiled, torn, small sections missing along edges of sheet.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - Acquisitions control no. 83-56
- 1 map : ms. ; on sheet 42 x 53 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3734.M314G46 1805 .A3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Adams, Solomon. Plan of township no. 1, north of Phillips. 1805. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99440240/. (Accessed September 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Adams, S. (1805) Plan of township no. 1, north of Phillips. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99440240/.
MLA citation style:
Adams, Solomon. Plan of township no. 1, north of Phillips. 1805. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99440240/>.