Map Nova totivs Americæ descriptio. Nova totius Americæ descriptio
About this Item
- Nova totivs Americæ descriptio.
- Other Title
- Nova totius Americæ descriptio
- Contributor Names
- Wit, Frederik de.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.], 1660.
- Subject Headings
- - America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - America
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- 1 map : col. ; 39 x 47 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3290 1660 .W5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Parallel Histories: Spain, the United States, and the American Frontier (155)
- Mapping the National Parks (174)
- Additional Conservation and Environment Cartographic Items (1,406)
- General Maps (6,575)
- Geography and Map Division (55,510)
- American Memory (515,183)
- Library of Congress Online Catalog (1,230,447)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Wit, Frederik De. Nova totivs Americæ descriptio. [S.l, 1660] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99446136/.
APA citation style:
Wit, F. D. (1660) Nova totivs Americæ descriptio. [S.l] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99446136/.
MLA citation style:
Wit, Frederik De. Nova totivs Americæ descriptio. [S.l, 1660] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99446136/>.
More Maps like this
MapAmerica noviter delineata Relief shown pictorially. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes insets of north and south polar regions. Acquisitions control no. 3-85
- Contributor: Boisseau, Jean - Picart, H. (Hugues) - Hondius, Jodocus
- Date: 1640
MapAmericae sive qvartae orbis partis nova et exactissima descriptio
Americae sive quartae orbis partis nova et exactissima descriptio Covers North and South America with the adjacent seas. Relief shown pictorially. From the Rosenwald Collection, Library of Congress, no. 1303. Originally printed on 6 sheets. Described in Quarterly Journal of the...
- Contributor: Cock, Hieronymus - Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress) - Gutiérrez, Diego
- Date: 1562
MapRegni et insulæ Hiberniæ delineatio in qua sont Lagenia, Ultonia, Connachia et Momonia provenciæ. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Wit, Frederik De.
- Date: 17??
MapTotius Africæ accuratissima tabula Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Wit, Frederik De.
- Date: 1688
MapThis map of North America. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Moll, Herman
- Date: 1712