Maps Plan of a fort opposite Paducah, Ky.
About this Item
- Plan of a fort opposite Paducah, Ky.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Puducah Region (Ky.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Massac County (Ill.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Fortification--Kentucky--Paducah Region--Maps
- - Fortification--Illinois--Massac County--Maps
- - Paducah Region (Ky.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Massac County (Ill.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Kentucky--Paducah Region
- - United States--Illinois--Massac County
- - Shows the environs of the proposed fort in Massac County, Illinois.
- - In the lower right corner: Engr. Dept., July 18/64. recd. with Gen. Cullum's letter of the 16th inst. (C. 5621).
- - Pen-and-ink, pencil, and watercolor.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 224
- - Includes a map of Paducah, Ky.
- - Copy imperfect: Part of map in lower left missing
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map : ms., col. ; on sheet 57 x 83 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3954.P2S5 1864 .P6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Massac County (ill.)
Paducah Region (ky.)
Puducah Region (ky.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Plan of a fort opposite Paducah, Ky.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99446358/. (Accessed October 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
(1864) Plan of a fort opposite Paducah, Ky. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99446358/.
MLA citation style:
Plan of a fort opposite Paducah, Ky.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99446358/>.