Map Falls in Red River, surveyed by L. G. De Russy.
About this Item
- Falls in Red River, surveyed by L. G. De Russy.
- Contributor Names
- De Russy, Lewis G.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. 1864?]
- Subject Headings
- - Red River (Tex.-La.)--Maps
- - United States--Louisiana--Red River
- - Scale ca. 1:2,200.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 240.5
- - Pen and ink manuscript map drawn on tracing linen showing soundings and obstructions in Red River. A red line delineates the river channel.
- - Stamped at bottom: From collection of David Dixon Porter.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map col. ms. 48 x 105 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3992.R4 1864 .D4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale ca. 1:2,200. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 240.5 Pen and ink manuscript map drawn on tracing linen showing soundings and obstructions in Red River. A red line delineates the river channel. Stamped at bottom: From collection of David Dixon Porter. Description derived from published bibliography. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
De Russy, Lewis G. Falls in Red River, surveyed by L. G. De Russy. [S.l. ?, 1864] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99446417/.
APA citation style:
De Russy, L. G. (1864) Falls in Red River, surveyed by L. G. De Russy. [S.l. ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99446417/.
MLA citation style:
De Russy, Lewis G. Falls in Red River, surveyed by L. G. De Russy. [S.l. ?, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99446417/>.
More Maps like this
MapSketch of the two breakwaters above Alexandria in the Red River, Scale ca. 1:2000. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 241 "M. Section VIII.66." Detailed map showing upper and lower dams, falls, "Tennyson's channel," "De Russy's Channel," and some relief by hachures. Description...
- Contributor: Gerdes, F. H. - De Russy, Lewis G.
- Date: 1864
Map[Map of the Red River campaign, March 10-May 22. 1864]. Shows the Red River valley in Arkansas and Louisiana, indicates the location of Camp Worth near Logansport, Louisiana, and the battle sites of April 8 and 9, 1864, between Mansfield and Pleasant...
- Contributor: Venable, Richard M. (Richard Morton) - Venable, Richard M.
- Date: 1864
MapMap of the Red River in Louisiana from the Spanish camp where the exploring party of ... Also shows cities and towns, Indian settlements, and features in the region along the Red River. King's final work based on the Freeman-Curtis expedition of 1806. Oriented with north toward the upper...
- Contributor: Shallus, Francis - King, N. (Nicholas)
- Date: 1806
MapSuite du cours du fleuve St. Louis depuis la rivière d'Iberville jusq'à celle des Yasous, et ... Scale ca. 1:830,000. Relief shown pictorially. Prime meridian: Paris. "Tome I, no. 46." From the author's Le petit atlas maritime. 1764. Includes "Remarques sur la Rivière Rouge" and inset "Carte de l'establissement...
- Contributor: Bellin, Jacques Nicolas
- Date: 1764
MapApproaches to Fort Butte La Rose, Louisiana, Scale 1:31,680. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 233 Gives vegetation, drainage, houses, fences, road leading from fort, and the position of the U.S. steamers Clifton, Arizona, Calhoun and Estrella, and the...
- Contributor: Oltmanns, J. G. - United States Coast Survey
- Date: 1863