Maps Sketch of the battle field of Fredericksburg
About this Item
- Sketch of the battle field of Fredericksburg
- Contributor Names
- Brown, Samuel Howell.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fredericksburg, Battle of, Fredericksburg, Va., 1862--Maps, Manuscript
- - Landowners--Virginia--Fredericksburg Region--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Fredericksburg Region
- - Shows infantry and cavalry positions, artillery placement, roads, railroads, houses, and names of corps and field commanders and residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Presented to the Library of Congress in 1960 by Mrs. Percy J. Edmunds, Pittsburgh, Pa., daughter of Samuel Howell Brown.
- - Pen-and-ink and crayon on paper mounted on cloth.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 550
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map : col. ms. ; 30 x 22 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.F7S5 1862 .B7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsBrown, Samuel Howell
Fredericksburg, Battle Of, Fredericksburg, Va.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Brown, Samuel Howell. Sketch of the battle field of Fredericksburg. 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99446525/. (Accessed December 04, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Brown, S. H. (1862) Sketch of the battle field of Fredericksburg. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99446525/.
MLA citation style:
Brown, Samuel Howell. Sketch of the battle field of Fredericksburg. 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99446525/>.