Maps [Map of the lower Shenandoah Valley, Virginia]
About this Item
- [Map of the lower Shenandoah Valley, Virginia]
- Contributor Names
- Brown, Samuel Howell.
- Early, Jubal Anderson, 1816-1894.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Shenandoah River Valley (Va. and W. Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Landowners--Shenandoah River Valley (Va. and W. Va.)--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--West Virginia
- - Shows the Shenandoah Valley from the Potomac to the north to Front Royal and Strasburg to the south, including roads, drainage, railroads, and names of residents.
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Title derived from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - Transferred from the Jubal Anderson Early Papers in the Manuscript Division, L.C.
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil on tracing linen, sectioned and mounted on paper.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 654.2
- - Imperfect: central area of right edge and lower right corner lacking. Additional smaller losses in left sections.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map : col. ms., cloth ; 68 x 47 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3882.S52 1864 .B7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Brown, Samuel Howell, and Jubal Anderson Early. [Map of the lower Shenandoah Valley, Virginia]. 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99446558/. (Accessed October 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Brown, S. H. & Early, J. A. (1864) [Map of the lower Shenandoah Valley, Virginia]. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99446558/.
MLA citation style:
Brown, Samuel Howell, and Jubal Anderson Early. [Map of the lower Shenandoah Valley, Virginia]. 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99446558/>.