Map Map of part of Virginia, Maryland and Delaware from the best authorities
About this Item
- Map of part of Virginia, Maryland and Delaware from the best authorities
- Heyne, Charles.
Created / Published
- N.Y., New York E. & G. W. Blunt 1861.
- - Middle Atlantic States--Maps
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - Scale ca. 1:400,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 13.6
- - Another issue.
- - Lithographer's name has been dropped. Forts Corcoran, Runyon, Albany, and Ellsworth are shown on the Virginia side of the Potomac River at Washington, DC.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map col. 97 x 66 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3790 1861 .H44
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Heyne, Charles. Map of part of Virginia, Maryland and Delaware from the best authorities. N.Y., New York E. & G. W. Blunt, 1861. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99447000/.
APA citation style:
Heyne, C. (1861) Map of part of Virginia, Maryland and Delaware from the best authorities. N.Y., New York E. & G. W. Blunt. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447000/.
MLA citation style:
Heyne, Charles. Map of part of Virginia, Maryland and Delaware from the best authorities. N.Y., New York E. & G. W. Blunt, 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99447000/>.