Map Scott's great snake. Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1861
About this Item
- Scott's great snake. Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1861
- Contributor Names
- Elliott, J. B.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.] 1861.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States
- - Scale not given.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 11
- - Cartoon map illustrating Gen. Winfield Scott's plan to crush the Confederacy, economically. It is sometimes called the "Anaconda plan."
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map col. 35 x 44 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.S5 1861 .E4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Commercial Mapping | History of Mapping the Civil War | Articles and Essays | Civil War Maps | Digital Collections
- Armed Forces Day–U.S. Military leaders who also were lawyers
- Places in Civil War History: The Anaconda Plan and Union Victories in Tennessee
- April 1861–April 1862 - The Civil War in America
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Elliott, J. B. Scott's great snake. Entered according to Act of Congress in the year. [S.l, 1861] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99447020/.
APA citation style:
Elliott, J. B. (1861) Scott's great snake. Entered according to Act of Congress in the year. [S.l] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447020/.
MLA citation style:
Elliott, J. B. Scott's great snake. Entered according to Act of Congress in the year. [S.l, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99447020/>.
More Maps like this
MapMilitary maps illustrating the operations of the armies of the Potomac & James... "South Mountain ... Sept. 14th, 1862," dated 1872: fold map no. . Cover title on printed label: Military maps: Armies, Potomac & James. Several maps have hand-colored additions (Map of the region...
- Contributor: United States. Army. Corps of Engineers
MapHistorical sketch of the rebellion : [United States] Shows "limits of loyal states in July 1861" outlined in blue, "limits occupied by United States forces July 1863" outlined in red, and coastal blockades. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 40,...
- Contributor: Krebs, Charles G. - Lindenkohl, H. - United States Coast Survey - Lindenkohl, H. (Henry)
- Date: 1863
Map[Histoire de la guerre civile en Amérique] Atlas. [1874-90].
Guerre civile en Amérique | Histoire de la guerre civile en Amérique, par M. le comte de Paris--cartes et planches Relief shown by shading and hachures on some maps. Depths shown by contours on some maps. Atlas issued to accompany text of same title (Paris, Michel Lévy, 1874-90). Published in parts. Each...
- Contributor: Paris, Louis-Philippe-Albert D'orléans
- Date: 1890
MapMap of the United States of America showing the boundaries of the Union and Confederate geographical ... Scale ca. 1:15,206,400. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 3.5 "From an original in the Map Department, Library of Congress." Description derived from published bibliography. Available also through the Library of Congress...
- Contributor: George Barrie and Sons
- Date: 1905
MapMap of the sourthern and border states, showing the actu alpositions [sic] of the national and ... Scale 1:3,220,000. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 6 From Frank Leslie's illustrated newspaper [Oct. 26, 1861]. Map includes railroads, rivers, towns, names and boundaries of states, and some relief by hachures....
- Contributor: Colton, G. Woolworth (George Woolworth) - Colton, G. Woolworth
- Date: 1861