Maps A new military map of the seat of war
About this Item
- A new military map of the seat of war
- Contributor Names
- Higginson, J. H. (Publisher)
- Created / Published
- New York [1861?]
- Subject Headings
- - Southern States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Southern States
- - Scale ca. 1:1,700,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 13.8
- - General map of eastern and central Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, southern Pennsylvania, and northern North Carolina showing cities and towns, state boundaries, and railroads.
- - Includes an advertisement for the Market Fire Insurance Company, New York.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map col. 34 x 38 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3861.S5 1861 .H5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Higginson, J. H. A New Military Map of the Seat of War. [New York ?, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447027/. (Accessed December 09, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Higginson, J. H. (1861) A New Military Map of the Seat of War. [New York ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447027/.
MLA citation style:
Higginson, J. H. A New Military Map of the Seat of War. [New York ?, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99447027/>.