Map Map of the United States, and territories.
About this Item
- Map of the United States, and territories.
- Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus), 1792-1868.
Created / Published
- Philadelphia, Pa., Together with Canada &c. Mitchell's map publication office, 1861.
- - United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Scale ca. 1:10,500,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 14.6
- - At top of map: Mitchell's military map of the United States, showing forts, &c. with separate maps of states, vicinities of cities &c. Published by S. A. Mitchell, Jr., Philada.
- - Insets: County map of Virginia, and North Carolina. 24 x 30 cm.-County map of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and Delaware. 24 x 30 cm.-[Hampton Roads] 6 x 5 cm.-[Washington, D.C.] 9 x 9 cm.-[Pensacola Bay] 6 x 7 cm.-Map of Charleston Harbor. 6 x 5 cm.-Vicinity of New Orleans, Louisiana. 11 x 9 cm.-Vicinity of Baltimore, Maryland. 11 x 9 cm.-Vicinity of Richmond, Virginia. 11 x 9 cm.
- - Includes population tables.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- 1 map, col., 32 x 53 cm., on sheet 61 x 65 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3700 1861 .M51
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mitchell, S. Augustus. Map of the United States, and territories. Philadelphia, Pa., Together with Canada &c. Mitchell's map publication office, 1861. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99447041/.
APA citation style:
Mitchell, S. A. (1861) Map of the United States, and territories. Philadelphia, Pa., Together with Canada &c. Mitchell's map publication office. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447041/.
MLA citation style:
Mitchell, S. Augustus. Map of the United States, and territories. Philadelphia, Pa., Together with Canada &c. Mitchell's map publication office, 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99447041/>.