Maps War maps and diagrams.
About this Item
- War maps and diagrams.
- Created / Published
- [New York] Waters & Son sc. 
- Our brilliant nav[al] victory. Sketch of Beaufort, Port Royal and Forts Beauregard and Walker, scene of the operations of our great expedition. 41 x 24 cm.--[verso] Map of New [Orlean]s and surrounding country. The mouths of the Mississippi, [The site ?] of the naval engagement, Friday night, October 11, 1861. 22 x 24 cm.--The lower Potomac. Map of the Potomac from Washington to the Chesapeak[e] showing the rebel batteries from Cockpit Point to Mathias Point. 25 x 24 cm.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States
- - Various scales.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 14.7
- - Incomplete copy of the map supplement issued by the New York Herald. Library of Congress bound copy of the newspaper for October-December 1861 does not include the map supplement.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
-  49 x 25 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.S5 1861 .N4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
War Maps and Diagrams. [New York Waters & Son s, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447043/. (Accessed December 08, 2016.)
APA citation style:
(1861) War Maps and Diagrams. [New York Waters & Son s] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447043/.
MLA citation style:
War Maps and Diagrams. [New York Waters & Son s, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99447043/>.