Maps War maps and diagrams
About this Item
- War maps and diagrams
- Contributor Names
- Hall, E. S.
- Created / Published
- N.Y. New York, Engraved by Waters & Son, 1861.
- Our naval and military operations at a glance. The coast and land line of the rebellious states. The Union blockade of the Atlantic and Gulf coast. The rebel batteries on the Mississippi. The forts on the southern sea line. 38 x 36 cm.--[verso] The seat of war in the West. Map of the scene of operations in southeastern Missouri, Illinois and Tennessee, with the positions of the rebel troops and portions of the Federal forces, and the defences at Cairo and Bird's Point. 42 x 24 cm.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States
- - Various scales.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 14.8
- - Incomplete copy of the map supplement issued by the New York Herald. Library of Congress bound copy of the newspaper for October-December 1861 does not include the map supplement.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - For an earlier issue of the map "Our naval and military operations at a glance," see Civil War Maps entry no. 12.6.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- 1 map, 48 x 37 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.S5 1861 .N42
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hall, E. S. War Maps and Diagrams. N.Y. New York, Engraved by Waters & Son, 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447045/. (Accessed February 23, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Hall, E. S. (1861) War Maps and Diagrams. N.Y. New York, Engraved by Waters & Son. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447045/.
MLA citation style:
Hall, E. S. War Maps and Diagrams. N.Y. New York, Engraved by Waters & Son, 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99447045/>.