Maps Map of the seat of war!
About this Item
- Map of the seat of war!
- Contributor Names
- Louis Prang and Company.
- Created / Published
- Boston c1861.
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Washington Region--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Various scales.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 16
- - Containing a map of the vicinity of Washington, Baltimore, Harper's Ferry and Annapolis, with five mile distance lines from Washington. Map showing the railroad routes, coast lines and forts, between Boston and Norfolk harbor; map of Norfolk harbor, Fort Monroe and vicinity, with 1 mile distance lines from Ft. Monroe; Map of the vicinity of Richmond. Small map of the Atlantic states, showing the R.road connections; diagram of the camp at Cairo. Plan of Haper's Ferry! Portraits of Gen. B.F. Butler, the late Col. E. Ellsworth, &c.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 6 maps col. on sheet 70 x 54 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3851.A1 1861 .L62
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Louis Prang And Company. Map of the Seat of War!. Boston, 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447049/. (Accessed January 24, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Louis Prang And Company. (1861) Map of the Seat of War!. Boston. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447049/.
MLA citation style:
Louis Prang And Company. Map of the Seat of War!. Boston, 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99447049/>.