Maps Thayer's statistical and military map of the middle and southern states.
About this Item
- Thayer's statistical and military map of the middle and southern states.
- Contributor Names
- Thayer, Horace.
- Created / Published
- New York H. Thayer 1861.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Scale ca. 1:3,800,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 17.65
- - General map.
- - Stamped in the upper right corner: Nov. 15, 1861.
- - Includes a list of "The Principal Forts in the United States" and brief descriptions of the "Position of the Rebel and Neutral States."
- - Inset: Seat of war [in the Middle Atlantic States] published by Horace Thayer, N. York. 21 x 24 cm.-Diagram of the United States showing the political divisions and the population. The white and colored population being separately shown in the slave states. 16 x 24 cm.
- - Copyright registration no. "192 June 7, 1861" written in the right margin.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map 57 x 77 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3700 1861 .T3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thayer, Horace. Thayer's Statistical and Military Map of the Middle and Southern States. New York H. Thayer, 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447056/. (Accessed October 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Thayer, H. (1861) Thayer's Statistical and Military Map of the Middle and Southern States. New York H. Thayer. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447056/.
MLA citation style:
Thayer, Horace. Thayer's Statistical and Military Map of the Middle and Southern States. New York H. Thayer, 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99447056/>.