Maps Potomac River (in four sheets): Sheet no. 4, from Indian Head to Georgetown
About this Item
- Potomac River (in four sheets): Sheet no. 4, from Indian Head to Georgetown
- Contributor Names
- United States Coast Survey.
- Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas), 1806-1867.
- Harrison, A. M. (Alexander Medina), 1829-1881.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.] 1864.
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--Potomac River Estuary
- - Harbors--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--Potomac River Estuary
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Scale 1:40,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 53.4
- - "No. 391" in upper left corner of map.
- - "Electrotype copy no. 1, by G. Mathiot, U.S.C.S." is printed in the upper margin.
- - Information concerning lighthouses, tides, soundings, and the geographic coordinates of the Capitol dome is given in the lower right corner.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map 99 x 58 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3792.P6P5 1864 .U52
- Copy 1 Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsBache, A. D. (alexander Dallas)
Harrison, A. M. (alexander Medina)
United States Coast Survey
LocationPotomac River Estuary
SubjectsDistrict of Columbia
Potomac River Estuary
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Coast Survey, A. D Bache, and A. M Harrison. Potomac River in four sheets: Sheet no. 4, from Indian Head to Georgetown. [S.l, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447159/. (Accessed September 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
United States Coast Survey, Bache, A. D. & Harrison, A. M. (1864) Potomac River in four sheets: Sheet no. 4, from Indian Head to Georgetown. [S.l] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447159/.
MLA citation style:
United States Coast Survey, A. D Bache, and A. M Harrison. Potomac River in four sheets: Sheet no. 4, from Indian Head to Georgetown. [S.l, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99447159/>.