Maps Mountain region of North Carolina and Tennessee,
About this Item
- Mountain region of North Carolina and Tennessee,
- Contributor Names
- Nicholson, W. L.
- Lindenkohl, A.
- Lindenkohl, H. (Henry)
- Krebs, Charles G.
- United States Coast Survey.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.], U.S. Coast Survey, A. D. Bache, Supt., 
- Subject Headings
- - North Carolina--Maps
- - Tennessee--Maps
- - United States--North Carolina
- - United States--Tennessee
- - Scale 1:633,600.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 79a.6
- - Map title printed in the top margin. Map covers parts of the states of Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama and shows relief by hachures, drainage, names and boundaries of states, roads, and railroads. This edition has been significantly revised in the vicinity of Chattanooga, Tennessee, and Northern Georgia.
- - Unfinished proof for this map is described as Civil War Maps entry no. 43.4. The 1863 edition is listed as Civil War Maps entry no. 43.5 and the 1864 edition is Civil War Maps entry no. 53.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, col., 56 x 97 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3900 1865 .N5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Nicholson, W. L, A Lindenkohl, H Lindenkohl, Charles G Krebs, and United States Coast Survey. Mountain region of North Carolina and Tennessee. [S.l., U.S. Coast Survey, A. D. Bache, Supt, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447196. (Accessed February 13, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Nicholson, W. L., Lindenkohl, A., Lindenkohl, H., Krebs, C. G. & United States Coast Survey. (1865) Mountain region of North Carolina and Tennessee. [S.l., U.S. Coast Survey, A. D. Bache, Supt] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447196.
MLA citation style:
Nicholson, W. L, et al. Mountain region of North Carolina and Tennessee. [S.l., U.S. Coast Survey, A. D. Bache, Supt, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99447196>.