Map Plan of the battle of August 5, 1864. [Mobile Bay]
About this Item
- Plan of the battle of August 5, 1864. [Mobile Bay]
- Created / Published
- [S.l., 1864]
- Subject Headings
- - Mobile Bay, Battle of, Ala., 1864--Maps
- - Alabama--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Naval operations--Maps
- - United States--Alabama--Mobile Bay
- - Mobile Bay (Ala.), Battle of
- - Scale not given.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 106.4
- - From Harper's weekly, v. 8, Sept. 24, 1864. p. 613.
- - Names of ships are keyed by number and letter to the left of the map.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 12 x 15 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3972.M6S5 1864 .P5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Plan of the battle of August 5, . Mobile Bay. [S.l, 1864] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99447253/.
APA citation style:
(1864) Plan of the battle of August 5, . Mobile Bay. [S.l] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447253/.
MLA citation style:
Plan of the battle of August 5, . Mobile Bay. [S.l, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99447253/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap showing entrance to Mobile Bay and course taken by Union fleet. Map shows Confederate fortifications (Forts Powell, Gaines, Morgan) and the location of Union fleet in Mobile Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. On August 5, Union Admiral Farragut attempted to lead several...
- Contributor: Sneden, Robert Knox
- Date: 1864-08-05
MapRebel defences [sic] of Mobile shewing [sic] Union attack April 3rd-9th 1865 on Spanish Fort. Map shows route taken by Union Admiral Farragut in August 1864 as well as that in March 1865, when his fleet provided naval support to land forces under Frederick Steele and E.R.S....
- Contributor: Sneden, Robert Knox
- Date: 1865-04-03
MapSiege operations at Spanish Fort, Mobile Bay, by the U.S. forces under Maj. Gen. Canby : ...
Plan no. 8 Description derived from published bibliography. Detailed map showing entrenchments, number, type, and position of Federal guns, vegetation, drainage, roads, and relief by hachures. From 39th Cong., 1st Sess. -Report of the Chief...
- Contributor: Palfrey, J. C. - Allen, C. J. - McAlester, Miles D.
- Date: 1866
MapMap of Mobile Point & part of the Bay & of Dauphine Island shewing the position ... Relief shown by hachures. Minimal level cataloging record. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Latour, Arsène Lacarrière
- Date: 1815
MapGeneral map of Charleston Harbor, South Carolina, showing rebel defences and obstructions Depths shown by gradient tints. Shows location of sunken ships. Printed in upper left margin: 39th Cong. 1st Sess. --- Annual Report of the Secretary of the Navy. LC Civil War maps...
- Contributor: Boutelle, C. O. (Charles Otis) - Willenbücher, Eugene - Krebs, Charles G.
- Date: 1865