Map The siege of Vicksburg, its approaches by Yazoo Pass and other routes
About this Item
- The siege of Vicksburg, its approaches by Yazoo Pass and other routes
- Hardee, T. S.
Created / Published
- [Mobile S. H. Goetzel & Co. 1863]
- - Vicksburg (Miss.)--History--Siege, 1863--Maps
- - United States--Mississippi--Vicksburg
- - Scale not given.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 280
- - "Entered according to the Act of Congress, in the year 1863, by S. H. Goetzel & Co., in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of Alabama, for the Confederate States of America."
- - Gives towns, Fort Pemberton, railroads, drainage, and the location of "Gen. Grant's Army 75000" opposite Vicksburg. Brief notes describe the "land lying between the Mississippi and Yazoo rivers" and the first and second "inland expedition[s] of the enemy."
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - LC copy 1 inscribed at top: Dora Miller May 26th 1865
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map 46 x 31 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3984.V8S5 1863 .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hardee, T. S. The siege of Vicksburg, its approaches by Yazoo Pass and other routes. [Mobile S. H. Goetzel & Co, 1863] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99447423/.
APA citation style:
Hardee, T. S. (1863) The siege of Vicksburg, its approaches by Yazoo Pass and other routes. [Mobile S. H. Goetzel & Co] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447423/.
MLA citation style:
Hardee, T. S. The siege of Vicksburg, its approaches by Yazoo Pass and other routes. [Mobile S. H. Goetzel & Co, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99447423/>.