Map Map of the siege of Vicksburg, Miss. Vicksburg, Miss., Aug. 20th 1863
About this Item
- Map of the siege of Vicksburg, Miss. Vicksburg, Miss., Aug. 20th 1863
- Spangenberg, Charles.
Created / Published
- [Jackson Mississippi State Geological Survey 1935]
- - Vicksburg National Militrary Park (Miss.)--Maps
- - United States--Mississippi--Vicksburg
- - Scale ca. 1:29,250.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 285.1
- - Accompanies William Clifford Morse's The Geologic History of the Vicksburg National Military Park Area ([Jackson] Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1935), frontispiece.
- - "Reproduced with only minor changes from a "Map of the siege of Vicksburg, Miss.' bearing the date of August 20, 1863, and the signature of C. B. Comstock, Captain of Engineers."
- - Printed in brown ink.
- - Title page of text inscribed: with the compliments of W. C. Morse.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 42 x 29 cm., on sheet 43 x 45 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3984.V8:2V5 1935 .S6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Spangenberg, Charles. Map of the siege of Vicksburg, Miss. Vicksburg, Miss., Aug. 20th. [Jackson Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1935] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99447427/.
APA citation style:
Spangenberg, C. (1935) Map of the siege of Vicksburg, Miss. Vicksburg, Miss., Aug. 20th. [Jackson Mississippi State Geological Survey] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447427/.
MLA citation style:
Spangenberg, Charles. Map of the siege of Vicksburg, Miss. Vicksburg, Miss., Aug. 20th. [Jackson Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1935] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99447427/>.