Map Map of the present seat of war in Missouri.
About this Item
- Map of the present seat of war in Missouri.
- Manouvrier, J.
- Beer, William.
Created / Published
- 30, Camp St. N.O., J. Manouvrier, 
- - Missouri--Maps
- - United States--Missouri
- - Scale 1:316,800.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 296.5
- - Confederate imprint.
- - Map of parts of Illinois, Missouri, and Kentucky in the environs of Cairo and New Madrid, showing roads, railroads, towns, troop positions at New Madrid, drainage, and fortifications at Cairo, Illinois, and Birds Point, Missouri.
- - The following handwritten note appears to the left of the map: Dear Mr. Phillips: I send you some interesting maps. Two of local origins and scarce. This one must I suppose have been intended for correspondence. Yours truly William Beer.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map 26 x 21 cm., on sheet 29 x 48 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4160 1862 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Manouvrier, J, and William Beer. Map of the present seat of war in Missouri. [30, Camp St. N.O., J. Manouvrier, 1862] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99447440/.
APA citation style:
Manouvrier, J. & Beer, W. (1862) Map of the present seat of war in Missouri. [30, Camp St. N.O., J. Manouvrier] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447440/.
MLA citation style:
Manouvrier, J, and William Beer. Map of the present seat of war in Missouri. [30, Camp St. N.O., J. Manouvrier, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99447440/>.