Maps [North Carolina
About this Item
- [North Carolina
- Contributor Names
- Lindenkohl, A.
- United States Coast Survey.
- Created / Published
- [Raleigh, State Dept. of Archives and History, 1966]
- Subject Headings
- - North Carolina--Maps
- - United States--North Carolina
- - Scale ca. 1:950,000 (not "1 inch = 10 miles").
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 305a.5
- - Reduced facsimile from William P. Cumming's North Carolina in Maps (Raleigh, State Department of Archives and History, 1966) plate XIII.
- - Printed in brown ink.
- - This facsimile was produced from a composite map in the State Department of Archives and History, Raleigh, N.C. The composite was made up from Lindenkohl's map of "[Eastern Tennessee, with parts of Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Kentucky]" (entry no. 75.8) and his "[North Carolina, with adjacent parts of Virginia and South Carolina]" (entry no. 305a.6).
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 41 x 92 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3900 1865 .L5 1966
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lindenkohl, A, and United States Coast Survey. [North Carolina]. [Raleigh, State Dept. of Archives and History, 1966] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447452/. (Accessed February 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Lindenkohl, A. & United States Coast Survey. (1966) [North Carolina]. [Raleigh, State Dept. of Archives and History] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447452/.
MLA citation style:
Lindenkohl, A, and United States Coast Survey. [North Carolina]. [Raleigh, State Dept. of Archives and History, 1966] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99447452/>.