Maps Eastern portion of the military department of North Carolina
About this Item
- Eastern portion of the military department of North Carolina
- Contributor Names
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers.
- Fillmore, Millard, 1800-1874.
- Created / Published
- [S.l., 1862]
- Subject Headings
- - Coasts--North Carolina--Maps
- - North Carolina--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--North Carolina
- - Scale 1:350,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 306
- - (Fillmore map coll. no. 259)
- - Signed in ms: Millard Fillmore, March 12, 1865.
- - "Engraved in the Engineer Bureau, War Dept."
- - Annotated on verso in black ink: Eastern portion of North Carolina, May 1862.
- - Indicates coastal fortifications, roads, railroads, drainage, canals, swamps, and towns.
- - Insets: Entrances to Cape Fear River, North Carolina. 29 x 20 cm.-[View of] Rebel works for the defense of the New Inlet entrance to Cape Fear River. 6 x 36 cm.
- - In this issue, the Corps of Engineer's insignia printed to the left of the map title is framed by a single line, an eagle is on a perch looking to the left, and a banner below the insignia is labeled "Essayons."
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map in 2 parts, each 52 x 72 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3902.C6 1862 .U5
- G3902.C6 1862 .U5 Copy 2 CW 306 Sectioned horizontally into 2 sheets, 51 x 74 cm. and 53 x 74 cm.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers, and Millard Fillmore. Eastern portion of the military department of North Carolina. [S.l, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447455/. (Accessed January 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers & Fillmore, M. (1862) Eastern portion of the military department of North Carolina. [S.l] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447455/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers, and Millard Fillmore. Eastern portion of the military department of North Carolina. [S.l, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99447455/>.