Maps Gettysburg and vicinity, showing the lines of battle, July, 1863
About this Item
- Gettysburg and vicinity, showing the lines of battle, July, 1863
- Contributor Names
- Gilbert, J. Warren.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.], c1922.
- Subject Headings
- - Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg Region
- - Gettysburg (Pa.), Battle of
- - Scale ca. 1:22,500 (not "4 inches = 1 mile").
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 337
- - From his The Blue and Grey . . . c1922.
- - Inset: Site of Gen. Greggs cavalry operations. Three miles east of Gettysburg. July 3rd 1863. Colored. Scale not given. 10 x 5 cm.
- - Shows Union positions in black and Confederate positions in red, roads, railroad, houses and names of residents, fences, vegetation, and drainage.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, col., 32 x 24 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3824.G3S5 1863 .G5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gilbert, J. Warren. Gettysburg and vicinity, showing the lines of battle, July, 1863. [S.l, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447504/. (Accessed September 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Gilbert, J. W. (1863) Gettysburg and vicinity, showing the lines of battle, July, 1863. [S.l] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447504/.
MLA citation style:
Gilbert, J. Warren. Gettysburg and vicinity, showing the lines of battle, July, 1863. [S.l, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99447504/>.