Maps "The salient" at Spottsylvania [sic]. [May 10-12, 1864].
About this Item
- "The salient" at Spottsylvania [sic]. [May 10-12, 1864].
- Contributor Names
- King, David H., 1835-
- Gibbs, A. Judson
- Northup, Jay H., 1843-
- Created / Published
- [Milwaukee, Wis., Swain & Tate Co., 1865]
- Subject Headings
- - Spotsylvania Court House, Battle of, Va., 1864--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Spotsylvania
- - Spotsylvania Court House, Battle of, Va
- - Scale not given.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 657.5
- - Relief shown by hachures and pictorially.
- - From their History of the ninety-third regiment, New York volunteer infantry, 1861-1865. Milwaukee, Wis., Swain & Tate Co., 1895.
- - Map indicates the positions of the Corps of Longstreet, Ewell and Hill, and the "charge of Barlow's Div. May 12."
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 15 x 8 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.S74S5 1895 .S3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsGibbs, A. Judson
King, David H.
Northup, Jay H.
Spotsylvania Court House
Spotsylvania Court House, Battle Of, Va
Spotsylvania Court House, Battle Of, Va.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
King, David H, A. Judson Gibbs, and Jay H Northup. ["The salient" at Spottsylvania sic. May 10-12, 1864]. [Milwaukee, Wis., Swain & Tate Co, 1895] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448350/. (Accessed August 30, 2016.)
APA citation style:
King, D. H., Gibbs, A. J. & Northup, J. H. (1895) ["The salient" at Spottsylvania sic. May 10-12, 1864]. [Milwaukee, Wis., Swain & Tate Co] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448350/.
MLA citation style:
King, David H, A. Judson Gibbs, and Jay H Northup. ["The salient" at Spottsylvania sic. May 10-12, 1864]. [Milwaukee, Wis., Swain & Tate Co, 1895] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99448350/>.