Map [Theatre of war in Virginia.].
About this Item
- [Theatre of war in Virginia.].
- Contributor Names
- Magnus, Charles.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. , s.n. , 1861]
- Contents: Fortress Monroe, Old Point Comfort and Hygeia Hotel, Va. [view]. Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1861 by E. Sachse & Co. 8 x 19 cm. - Richmond & Alexandria. 13 x 13 cm. - Military map of Maryland & Virginia. 12 x 7 cm. - Country between Fortress Monroe & Richmond. 6 x 19 cm.
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Various scales.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 450.8
- - Maps are printed on the verso of lined note paper.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 3 maps and 1 view, col., on sheet 27 x 22 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3880 1861 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown by hachures. Various scales. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 450.8 Maps are printed on the verso of lined note paper. Description derived from published bibliography. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Magnus, Charles. [Theatre of war in Virginia]. [S.l. s.n, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448358/. (Accessed August 20, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Magnus, C. (1861) [Theatre of war in Virginia]. [S.l. s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448358/.
MLA citation style:
Magnus, Charles. [Theatre of war in Virginia]. [S.l. s.n, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99448358/>.