Maps Lloyd's official map of Missouri
About this Item
- Lloyd's official map of Missouri
- Contributor Names
- Lloyd, James T.
- Created / Published
- New York, Louisville, [and] London, J. T. Lloyd, 1861.
- Subject Headings
- - Missouri--Maps
- - United States--Missouri
- - Scale 1:760,320.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 296.3
- - "Entered, according to Act of Congress, in the year 1861 by J. T. Lloyd."
- - General map of the state indicating county names and boundaries, cities and towns, railroads in operation and projected, roads, and rivers.
- - Includes advertisements for "Lloyd's great military map of the fifteen southern states" and "$100,000 Topographical map of the state of Virginia."
- - Differs from G4160 1861 .L5 CW 296.2 with additional advertisement: "Agents wanted in every county."
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, col., 60 x 68 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4160 1861 .L51
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lloyd, James T. Lloyd's official map of Missouri. [New York, Louisville, and London, J. T. Lloyd, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448362/. (Accessed December 02, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Lloyd, J. T. (1861) Lloyd's official map of Missouri. [New York, Louisville, and London, J. T. Lloyd] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448362/.
MLA citation style:
Lloyd, James T. Lloyd's official map of Missouri. [New York, Louisville, and London, J. T. Lloyd, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99448362/>.