Map Map of Virginia, Maryland &c., seat of war, compiled from the latest maps, 1861
About this Item
- Map of Virginia, Maryland &c., seat of war, compiled from the latest maps, 1861
- Contributor Names
- Paterson, J. T.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.], J. T. Paterson, 
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia--Maps
- - Maryland--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--Maryland
- - Scale ca. 1:760,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 451.4
- - General map.
- - Confederate imprint.
- - Pencil note in the lower margin reads "This map was advertised in the Augusta, Ga. Daily Chronicle, Oct. 27, 1861."
- - Includes "Table of distances."
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, col. 44 x 56 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3880 1861 .P2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Paterson, J. T. Map of Virginia, Maryland &c., seat of war, compiled from the latest maps. [S.l., J. T. Paterson, 1861] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99448471/.
APA citation style:
Paterson, J. T. (1861) Map of Virginia, Maryland &c., seat of war, compiled from the latest maps. [S.l., J. T. Paterson] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448471/.
MLA citation style:
Paterson, J. T. Map of Virginia, Maryland &c., seat of war, compiled from the latest maps. [S.l., J. T. Paterson, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99448471/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of eastern Virginia Scale ca. 1:875,000. Relief shown by hachures. Also covers Maryland, and southeastern Pennsylvania. Shows radial distances from Richmond and Washington, D.C. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 481.5 Available also through the...
- Contributor: U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey - Hawley, Joseph R. (Joseph Roswell) - Krebs, Charles G. - Nicholson, W. L. - Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas)
- Date: 1863
MapMap of eastern Virginia LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 493.4 General map of eastern Virginia showing cities and towns, roads, rivers, and relief by hachures. The map is overprinted in red to indicate railroads and...
- Contributor: Fillmore, Millard - Nicholson, W. L.
- Date: 1864
Map[Map of part of Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland]. Relief shown by hachures. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), S174 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Portion of an unidentified printed map, extending from...
- Date: 186?
MapMap of the state of Virginia : containing the counties, principal towns, railroads, rivers, canals & ... Relief shown by hachures. Also covers Maryland (without relief). Military features not shown. Confederate imprint. "Copyright secured by W. & J., May 1, 1862." Prime meridian: Washington D.C. Imperfect: Copy 1 fold-lined,...
- Contributor: West & Johnston
- Date: 1862
MapMap of the seat of war : [Virginia and Maryland] General map. Place names in Maryland north of Baltimore and Frederick, and south of Washington, D.C. (with the exception of Fort Washington), are not given. Few place names in Virginia south of...
- Contributor: Burke, T. A. (Thomas A.) - Grant, M. B. - Howell, R. H.
- Date: 1861