Maps Battle field of Gettysburg.
About this Item
- Battle field of Gettysburg.
- Contributor Names
- Warren, G. K. (Gouverneur Kemble), 1830-1882.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, U.S. Army, Office of the Chief of Engineers 187-?]
- Subject Headings
- - Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg
- - Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa
- - Scale 1:12,000 (1 inch equals 1000 feet).
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 353.5
- - From the Jubal Early Collection in the Manuscript Division, L.C.
- - Detailed topographic map subsequently used as the base for John B. Bachelder's "Map of the Battle Field of Gettysburg" (see entry nos. 325 and 326)
- - "Positions of troops are not given."
- - "The map is reduced from one on a scale of 200 feet to the inch, deposited in the Archives of the office of the Chief of Engineers. The survey was ordered by Brevet Major General A. A. Humphreys, Chief of Engineers, and conducted under Brevet Major General G. K. Warren, Major of Engineers." The survey was made in 1868 and 1869 and revised on the ground by P. M. Blake, Civil Engineer in 1873. The original is in the National Archives, Cartographic and Architectural Branch, Record Group 77:E 81.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 81 x 70 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3824.G3 187- W3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Warren, G. K. Battle field of Gettysburg. [Washington, U.S. Army, Office of the Chief of Engineers 187-?] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448794/. (Accessed July 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Warren, G. K. Battle field of Gettysburg. [Washington, U.S. Army, Office of the Chief of Engineers 187-?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448794/.
MLA citation style:
Warren, G. K. Battle field of Gettysburg. [Washington, U.S. Army, Office of the Chief of Engineers 187-?] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99448794/>.